If you looked at our playlist from December, you will see one name again and again: Chuck Ragan. Let’s take a closer look at this troubadour and some our favorite tunes.
- Ragan comes from Gainesville, FL and is the son of a PGA tour golfer and a gospel singer
- He is known for his raspy voice as the leader of punk band Hot Water Music.
- When Hot Water Music disbanded in 2005, Ragan started writing and singing acoustic music.
- Ragan came up with “The Revival Tour” which brought a variety of different acts to venues throughout the US and Europe.
- Ragan’s close friends and artists that joined him on The Revival Tour include Ben Nichols from Lucero, Frank Turner, Tim Barry, Brian Fallon of The Gaslight Anthem, Dave Hause and Laura Jane Grace of Against Me.
- Ragan wrote and played the entire soundtrack for the video game “The Flame in The Flood”